Who are we?
We are Purple Orchid Pharma Ltd. We are a company registered in England and Wales under company number 07870913 and with our registered office at 82c East Hill, Colchester, Essex, CO1 2QW. Our trading address is Purple Orchid Pharma Ltd, PO Box 462, Ruislip, HA4 4HS. Our VAT number is 156645390.
What information do we collect about you?
We collect information about you when you register with us on this Website or correspond with us. We also collect information when you voluntarily complete customer surveys, provide feedback and participate in competitions. Website usage information is collected using cookies.
The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number.
With regard to each of your visits to this Website we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from this Website (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
We also work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, advertising networks, analytics providers, and search information providers) and may receive information about you from them.
How will we use the information about you?
We may use your information collected from the website to personalise your repeat visits to this Website. We may additionally use your information:
- to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already requested or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please unsubscribe from our mailing list using the relevant link at the bottom of our correspondence;
- to notify you about changes to our service and this Website;
- to ensure that content on this Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to administer this Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve this Website;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep this Website safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of this Website about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Where we receive information about you from other sources, we may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Where will we store the information we hold about you?
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of this Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to this Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Will we disclose your information to anyone else?
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you. Such partners may include the Royal Mail, MyHermes or any other entity we appoint as our delivery agent;
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of this Website.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- if we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if Purple Orchid Pharma Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of use and other agreements; or to protect our rights, property, or safety of our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by using the relevant link at the bottom of our correspondence. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Access to your information and correction
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email or write to us at the following address. We may make a small charge (currently £10) for this service.
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
This Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
|Google Analytics||_ga||Used to distinguish users||2 years|
|__utmc||Not used in ga.js. Set for interoperability with urchin.js. Historically, this cookie operated in conjunction with the __utmb cookie to determine whether the user was in a new session/visit.||end of browser session|
|__utmv||Used to store visitor-level custom variable data. The cookie is updated every time data is sent to Google Analytics.||2 years from set/update|
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.